Visa to India
In accordance with the Law of Republic of India on Entry and Exit Requirement and other relevant regulations, visitors who wish to apply for the Indian VISA must follow the needed procedures and provide the pertinent documents.
Please log in to the National Portal of India website to find more details.
ICGSE-08 organizing committee can only provide letters for attendees who meet one or more of the following requirements:
If you need an invitation letter to apply for an entry VISA of India, please download the appropriate template from the following, fill-in the relevant details and mail the document to: email@example.com.
- 1. Is the author/presenter of an accepted technical paper, tutorial, workshop session
- Are registered for the conference with full payment
Obtaining an appropriate visa in order to attend ICGSE-08 is the responsibility of the Individual registrant; ICGSE-08 committee would not conduct dialogue with consulate officials or negotiate on behalf of individual delegates. Any queries pertaining to ICGSE-08 visa issues should only be directed over email to firstname.lastname@example.org giving your registration id and paper id if available.
Checklist for Travelers
- VISA: All non-Indian-citizens are required to have an Indian visa to enter the country. Please allow yourself sufficient time (say 2-3 weeks) to procure an appropriate visa from your nearest Indian consulate. There are several Indian consulates worldwide
- Flight Reservations: We recommend that you make your flight reservations about 1-2 months in advance, to be on the safe side. Bangalore is well-connected both internationally and also domestically from all major cities such as New Delhi, Mumbai (Bombay), Chennai (Madras), Hyderabad, Kolkata (Calcutta) and so on
- Foreign Exchange: While international credit cards are widely accepted in commercial establishments in India, several places rely on cash transactions in the local currency (Indian Rupee). We suggest that you either carry some Indian currency when entering India or buy Indian currency at the currency exchange agencies in the Indian airports, upon arrival. The current exchange rate is about Rs. 40/- per US dollar. Once in India, you can buy additional Indian currency from local branches of Citibank, Thomas Cook, etc.
- Hotel Reservations: Please make your hotel reservations ahead of time so that you get your choice of accommodation
- Bangalore Weather: Bangalore weather is expected to be pleasant with a bit of occasional rain during the conference days